Archive for Rowan Grant
Improving health and wealth with DePuy Synthes
The National Centre for Universities and Business State of the Relationship Report 2017 highlights the partnership between the University of Leeds and DePuy Synthes – page 66.
The annual report provides strong examples of university business partnerships with updated metrics on progress in collaboration between universities, business and government in the UK monitor show solid healthy growth:
- Investment in university business collaboration from both foreign and domestic companies is growing with foreign investment outstripping domestic growth by four times (£1.3bn compared with £336m).
- Industry income for knowledge exchange activities (excluding licensing) received by universities increased by 4.5% in real terms – £906m in 2014 to £947m.
- Postgraduate employment and commercialisation activities are also growing.
- Despite previous concerns, the size of average deals with businesses, small and large, is holding.
Regen Magazine 2016
Video: Working in partnership with Tissue Regenix
Regenerative medical technology company Tissue Regenix Group is a prime example of what can be achieved when the worlds of academia and business come together.
The company was spun out of research conducted at the University of Leeds, looking at the potential of decellurising biological materials from human or animal donor tissues, crucially leaving intact a receptive matrix for patients’ own cells to build upon, regenerating healthy tissue in damaged or worn out areas of the body.
A pioneer in its industry, Tissue Regenix remains committed to ongoing research and improved patient outcomes, particularly within the areas of cardiac, wound care and sports medicine.
In this video, CEO Antony Odell and his team tell the Telegraph Business Club how the enterprise has grown from its intriguing, fledgling university research to become an international concern.Read More
Medical Technologies IKC Annual Review 2015
This annual review sets out the activities and achievements of the Medical Technologies IKC to September 2015. It covers our:
- Future plans
- New projects
- Partners and membership
- Commercial impact
- IP Portfolio
- Personnel and skills development