Regener8-Medical Technologies IKC Annual Conference
Date: July 1, 2016 @ 8:15 AM
Location: Horizon Conference Centre, Leeds
“Building the Regenerative Devices Industry”
Regener8 and the Medical Technologies IKC are to host a one-day conference, focussing on best practice in translating regenerative devices – a potential £1bn industry in the UK.
|8:15 – 9:15||Registration and Refreshments|
|9:15 – 9:30||Welcome
Professor John Fisher
|9:30 – 10:30||Enhancing Innovation
Development and evaluation of naked human tissue grafts
Professor Eileen Ingham, University of Leeds and Professor Paul Rooney, NHS Blood and Transplant
Use of a Porcine Acellular Bladder Matrix (PABM) in Hypospadias Repair
Professor Jenny Southgate, University of York and Mr Ramnath Subramaniam, Hon Clinical Associate Professor , University of Leeds
Device based approach to increase endogenous joint stem cells
Dr Alam Khalil-Khan and Dr Thomas Baboolal, University of Leeds
|Prof Mike Raxworthy|
|10:30 – 11:00||Keynote Speaker
Professor Boris Chichkov, Laser Zentrum Hannover
3D Laser printing of scaffolds and living cells
|11:00 – 11:30||Coffee Break|
|11:30 – 12:15||Raising translational awareness with Arthritis Research UK
Pre clinical trial of a novel biphasic synthetic scaffold for the treatment of large osteochondral defects
Dr Frances Henson, University of Cambridge
Engineering Osteochondral scaffold
Dr Chaozong Liu, University College London
Raman arthrospectroscopy for intra-operative mapping of articular cartilage degeneration
Professor Paul McMillan, University College London
|Dr Stephen Simpson|
|12:15 – 12:45||1 Minute Poster Pitches||Prof Mike Raxworthy|
|12:45 – 14:00||Lunch and Networking|
|14:00 – 15:00||MedTech Translation to the Market – panel discussion
Mr John Wilkinson, Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency
Dr Steve Bloor, Videregen Ltd
Dr Itoro Udofia, BSI Group
Dr Simon Chandler, IP Group plc
Mr Phil Brown , ABHI
Mr Ramnath Subramaniam, Hon Clinical Associate Professor, University of Leeds
|Mr John Wilkinson|
|15:00 – 15:25||
|15:25 – 16:10||Regenerative Medicine at the Frontline
Leader: Dr Abigail Spear, Defence Science and Technology Laboratory, Dstl
Community Showcase Session 1
|Professor Edward Draper|
|16:10 – 16:55||Monitoring Biomarkers to Improve Treatment of Chronic Wounds
Leader: Dr Alex Knight, National Physical Laboratory
Community Showcase Session 2
|Professor Edward Draper|
|16:55 – 17:00||Closing Comments|
This year exhibition opportunity is free to our partners. If you would like to exhibit please contact email@example.com. Please note that exhibitors will need to also register their attendance.
We have a limited amount of exhibition spaces which will be allocated on a first-come, first served basis.
Poster submissions are invited from researchers, developers and innovators from the Regener8 and wider regenerative medicine community.
Posters should reflect the core aim of Regener8, which is to support the translation of university and industry-based research and development in regenerative medicine into commercial products and clinical benefits.
Poster displays offer a more informal setting in which to learn about a wide variety of research, translational and clinical projects. They provide an excellent opportunity for delegates to showcase their own work and receive further recognition.
- Poster abstracts of no more than 200 words should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Images to accompany abstracts should be supplied separately i.e. not embedded within the abstract document.
- The deadline for submissions is 20th June 2016
- The acceptance of a poster submission assumes you are able to attend the conference and have registered. As this event is free to attend, any non-attendances will be raised with supervisors.
- Posters should be no larger than A1 size. The display boards will be covered in nylon loop material and you will need to bring your own Velcro tabs to attach your display materials to the boards.
- Poster presenters will be responsible for putting up and removing their posters. Presenters should make themselves available during the conference break times for networking and providing additional detail for poster viewers.
Please download the poster instructions here (Opens PDF in a new window)
|First Name||Surname||Abstract Title||Poster Number|
|Philippa||Bowland||Biotribology of Osteochondral Grafts in the Knee||1|
|Rajesh||Kampa||In-vitro, insilico modelling the mechanobiology of the arterial wall using a novel 3D microfluidic perfusion bioreactor system||2|
|Adam||Celiz||Synthetic Dental Biomaterials for Repair and Regeneration||3|
|Munna||Choudhury||Precision Medicine – A new era in drug development.||4|
|Jennifer||Edwards||The Effects of Irradiation Sterilisation on the Biological and Biomechanical Properties of an Acellular Porcine Superflexor Tendon Graft||5|
|Ben||Golland||Mimicking extracellular matrix (ECM) to promote nerve growth for spinal cord injury (SCI) repair||6|
|Maria||Katsikogianni||Manufacture of small prosthetic joint surfaces that resist microbial colonisation||7|
|Aiqin||Liu||Tribology studies of the natural knee using an animal model in new whole joint natural knee simulator||8|
|Yulia||Ryabenkova||The manufacturing of ibuprofen-loaded nanoscale hydroxyapatite||9|
|Guillaume||Saint-Pierre||The power of bespoke biocompatible and biodegradable hydrogels with tailored properties and functionalities.||10|
|Brian||Thomson||Compression screws for the fixation of small bone fragments using bioresorbable, body-temperature reverting, plasticised shape-memory polymers||11|
|Brian||Thomson||LiQu image analysis-based assay for assessing donor liver quality||12|
|Jensen||Aw||Additive Manufacturing for Patient-Specific Implant and Anatomical Models||13|
Regener8 is the conference for academics, business people, managers and researchers working with innovation, enterprise, knowledge transfer and exchange – with an interest in progressing regenerative therapies through to the clinic and the market.
Featuring world-class speakers, oral and poster presentation sessions and interactive panel discussions, the Regener8 Annual Conference 2016 will provide an excellent opportunity to disseminate, share and discuss the impact of university-industry collaborations in the field of regenerative therapies and medical technologies.
- High calibre, international keynote speaker
- Accelerating the development of regenerative devices nationally – presentations from our national partners on their proof of concept projects
- Sharing our expertise with other providers – presentations from our Arthritis Research UK funded projects
- Question panels
- Networking time, including poster presentations from our Early Career Researcher community
- Value delivered – presentations from our partners that have successfully delivered IKC POC projects that are progressing closer to clinic and the market
- Community-sourced session: presentations from the community that are submitted, selected and delivered by you, the Regener8 and UK med tech community
The Regener8 Annual Conference is organised by Regener8 in partnership with the Medical Technologies IKC – the first event partnership between the two programmes. It follows 8 successful conferences held by Regener8.
Please download our joining instructions here (opens PDF in your browser)