Apply for translational proof-of-concept funding: Regenerative Devices Industry Partnership Call
Date: September 13, 2016
Academics and researchers working in close collaboration with medical technology industry partners can apply for up to £100,000 FEC* from the Medical Technologies IKC to undertake proof of concept projects in Regenerative Medical Devices & Medical Devices with Enhanced Regenerative Functions.
Regenerative devices is a growing area that focuses on functionally repairing and regenerating the patient’s own tissue. The global market for regenerative devices (acellular scaffolds, bioactive biomaterials and implants) is estimated to grow at 20% per year to £50bn by 2020, creating a significant opportunity for the industry in the UK. The Medical Technologies IKC focus on the regenerative devices sector which provides the potential to commercialise technologies more quickly and cost effectively.
Academics and researchers can apply for proof-of-concept funding of up to £100K FEC to advance these technologies to better position them for further investment and development by industry. Projects must show clear commercial objectives and provide evidence of specific industry involvement.
- Up to £100k [FEC] per project. We expect to support up to 6 projects that meet the eligibility criteria
- Expression of Interest deadline for Wave 1 applications is 5pm 30th November, 2016
- Expression of Interest deadline for Wave 2 applications is 5pm 31st January, 2017
- Expression of Interest deadline for Wave 3 applications is 5pm 31st March, 2017
- The start date for projects is flexible but projects must be completed by 1st January 2020
How to apply
- This call is now closed
What happens next?
- If your outline application is successful, we’ll contact you and invite you to meet with the IKC team to develop the IKC PoC Full Application proposal. On submission of the full proposal, you will be invited to attend our application review panel meeting. Applicants will be informed of their outcome one week after each panel review meeting.
*80% FEC will be award funded. For information about full economic costing [FEC] please see the Research Council guidance at http://www.rcuk.ac.uk/documents/documents/fecfaq-pdf/
Back to All Events